question

Derek avatar image
Derek asked

Title Data override for internal testing

Hello,

I want to test some new values that already went on live on title data. So I am thinking of using Title Data Override feature which it is not affecting the current live version. However, I only want myself and my internal testers to test it first (e.g. on Unity Editor or on one/two Android devices) before launching. I am not sure how to do this on Experiment feature since it either asks me to test with all the current title players or within a segment. Do I need to create a new segment called "Internal Testers" and add specific player ID into the segment? It is a bit confusing to me on how I can get it working.

I tried calling GetTitleData and using "OverrideLabel", but it is not working since I believe it is being ignored on client side like the document states.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, PlayFab Experiment is designed to do the A/B test to identify the best strategies for your game, it's not designed for the functional test. And we suggest you isolate the test environment from the production environment to prevent potential problems and additional consumption. For example, as this documentation -- Experiments Pricing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs said, using the experiment feature in the live title will increase the billing of Insights.

If you still want to use the experiment as a workaround to test your update, as you said, to let the override Title Data work for a group of specific players, you need to configure a Segment for these players, then set an experiment for this segment. You can set a tag for the testers, then add them to a segment according to this tag. To learn more how to configure an experiment, please check the documentation -- Experiments Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. In your case, you need to set one variant that has 100% traffic allocation, set the title data override value for it and set the traffic allocation for Title data exclusion group as 100% too.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.