question

Jacob Merrette avatar image
Jacob Merrette asked

Server cannot reach playfab API

My server is unable to call the server api while in container mode.

Here is the list of tools I am currently using:
- Windows 10 Pro (latest version)
- Docker (latest version)
- LocalMultiplayerAgent 0.9.8
- Unity 2019.1.3f1
- PlayfabSDK: 2.93.200817
- Mirror 16.9.0

When a match starts between 2 clients, both + the server request the catalog from playfab. The clients get it without issue, but the server can't call the Server API. It throws this error:

Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: [MyTitleID].playfabapi.com

If I put the link with the https out front it brings me to a white page with some info(which I believe is normal.)

When in editor, I have no such issue and can call the API.

multiplayer
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please upgrade the PlayFab Unity SDK to the latest version, https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/releases/tag/2.111.210802, to test it again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Merrette avatar image Jacob Merrette Sarah Zhang commented ·

The issue still occurs with the most recent SDK.

Note that it also says this now below the error "/Server/GetCatalogItems: Cannot resolve destination host"

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Jacob Merrette commented ·

Thanks for your replying. It may be an issue that relevant to the Unity SSL certificate. Did you try to add the certificate for your MPS build?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

We cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please share a minimal sample that can reproduce it? Please note we are using Unity 2020.3 for testing and all SDKs are up to date.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.