question

Martin Brandel avatar image
Martin Brandel asked

Best way to implement a "pity bar" for drop tables/chests?

I would like to have a chest, where after a certain amount of openings with no Jackpot, a jackpot (or specific item) is guaranteed for that player.

How would this be best implemented through playfab? Will I have to make my own chest opening cloudscript or is there a way to guarantee certain results from a drop table temporarily through cloudscript?

Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean you want to achieve a lottery drawing mechanism, and in this function, the jackpot will can be granted to players after a certain number of draws? If so, one suggestible solution is to grant the drop table to players through container, so that they can unlock the container using Client API, then configure a Rule to grant one flag that can be currency and some item to players after every chest be opened and allow players to use this type of currency or item to redeem the jackpot. If you only want to allow players to redeem rewards within a limited time, you can let these flag items to be expired after a period.

To implement this solution, you need to package the drop table to the container firstly, the process would be something like package the drop table to bundle, you can check this documentation, especially this section for more information about how to add a drop table to a bundle, then please change the bundle to a locked container in your case. After you configured a container, you can set a Rule for the event -- player_consumed_item whose ItemId is your container item Id, let this event a trigger the action grant items to grant the flag to players. Finally, you can let the players call the Cloud Script to exchange a jackpot with the flags.

If you want to use other ways to grant the drop tables to players, such as use the Server API methods like EvaluateRandomResultTable, GrantItemsToUser to grant the items of the drop table to players, you can grant the flag with the chest together directly. Please check this section(Using drop tables) to learn more about how to manually evaluate the drop table and grant the specific item programmatically using CloudScript.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin Brandel avatar image Martin Brandel commented ·

Cool, yes using rules and then manually rewarding players jackpots after a certain amount of opens could work.

When reading this part of the documentation however, It seems to say I can cap the chances but it doesn't explain how to actually do this?:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/items/drop-tables#advanced-drop-table-usage-setting-up-a-loot-crate

"For example, let's say we have an 11 Item bundle with specific drop rules. In this case, it is a customer-facing selling point that we will guarantee one legendary item. We'll also restrict it, so that the player can't get too lucky, and receive 11 legendaries."

^This should be a simpler work-around for my issue, how is this actually implimented however?

Thank you for the info.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Martin Brandel commented ·

The specific method of how to set up the advanced drop table is here -- Adding a bundle.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.