question

stevenbalderrama avatar image
stevenbalderrama asked

Playfab Character vs Statistics

Hello,

trying to figure out, what is the best way to keep track of player data, such as what skin, color etc. the player used last game so when they log back in, it will re-populate...

So far I am using Player Statistics and that seems to work, but one of the things i am capturing is maybe hopefully that can be used for leadership boards, not sure if using Playfab characters would be best or if I can still use player statistics for capturing or keep track of user player customization?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Skin, color and any other data that didn’t affect fairness of the game can be stored in Player Data, which can be read and written by players (client APIs).

I am not sure why you use Statistics, as it is a resource for Leaderboard. What’s the scenario that you need to rank the player’s customized data?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.