question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Do I have to save again before doing anything by using segment using Last Login value and Statistic value?

Hello everyone,

In this question (https://community.playfab.com/questions/44918/need-help-with-removing-alot-of-inactive-users.html), there's a part of the answer saying this:

Also please note that last login time is special resource, which won’t continue to update after the segment is saved. If you have processed this once and after few months, it is required for another run,you may need to enter the segment and save again to refresh the data.

Before I do anything by using a segment using Last Login value, I have to enter the segment and save again. So, the players in the segment will be updated.

What if I use a statistic value in the same segment as well? For example; the segment's rule is like this: The experience value (statistic) is lower or equal than 10,000 and the last login is greater than 30 days. If a player who is in the segment already logs in to the game and exceeds the 10,000 experience limit, do they leave the segment? Or do I have to enter the segment and save again before I do anything?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

>>If a player who is in the segment already logs in to the game and exceeds the 10,000 experience limit, do they leave the segment?

Segments have “AND” and “OR” conjunctions for different conditions. If you simply want any players that exceeds the 10,000 experience limit leave the segment, you may use “AND” conjunctions.

>> do I have to enter the segment and save again before I do anything?

Yes, if you want to refresh the last login time, and you may need to save the segment configuration again to “refresh” the data as it is static value after the save.

It depends on your requirement, but the last login time only record the current data. So if last login time matters, you will have to re-save the segment for the latest data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.