question

Zachary Zawodny avatar image
Zachary Zawodny asked

Unity mirror client will not connect to dedicated server,When trying to connect to a server it says no hosts in available regions

Hello everyone, for the last 2 weeks I have been trying to use Playfab to host dedicated servers and connect to them using unity and mirror. But I have been seriously struggling to understand why things aren't working the way I want them too. I have deployed a server build of my game and does deploy correctly and displays a green light. next on the client i authenticate the player and log them in previously using a created Playfab account, now just a custom id. after that i request a multiplayer server and pass the response (ip and port) to mirror's network room manager and start the client. however the outcome is the first time i request a server nothing happens, and anytime after that i get the error "MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion - No Hosts available in regions 'EastUs', please retry". and if I try to give the ip and port manually i just time out. So I know this question is really all over the place but I'm just very lost i really could use some help and I appreciate

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this somewhat of a bad question but I'm around 2 weeks into trying to use PlayFab with unity and mirror and nothing I have tried has connected me to a server. I have deployed a server and on the client authenticated the user requested a server using RequestMultiplayerServerRequest, use the response to get the ip and port and on the first attempt of connecting nothing happens then after that all i get is the error MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion - No Hosts available in regions 'EastUs', please retry. I understand how this question isn't very concise or clear but i really am out of ideas i would really appreciate some help

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide the TitleID for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

How many standingBy servers are you having? If you're having only one (and one set as max), then the first call to RequestMultiplayerServer will return IP:PORT for clients to connect for this specific session. The second call (with a different session) will return 429 (TooManyRequests) as the only available server was allocated in the previous call. Feel free to check our quickstart video on YouTube for more details: PlayFab Multiplayer Hosted Servers part 1: Multiplayer Servers Quick Start - YouTube

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.