question

jspane-1 avatar image
jspane-1 asked

Experiments Treatment variables

I am trying to understand experiments and I have a few questions so far.

1. When I manually stop an experiment (before its end date) I still get assigned TreatmentAssignment variables from the experiment that is stopped. If I delete the experiment then it stops setting that value. If there are not running experiments, why would I still get those values?
  2. I want to be assigned to random bucket (variant) each time I login. It seems the first one assigned sticks. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you in adavance

apisunity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Experiment is for all players in a title, and it take times (usually few minutes) until all changes are applied. Have you tried to wait for few minutes to see variants disappearing in the login callback (or via GetTreatmentAssignment API)?

I am not sure how assigning random values makes your experiment statistical trustworthy as it is not a common scenario. Please refer to the document on Experimentation - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to know more details. Randomly values can be assigned via PlayFab automation features, I don’t think it is something experiment should do.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.