question

bsmith avatar image
bsmith asked

Updating Containers

Hello!

I want to update my pre-existing game server build; and I notice the only way to do it at the moment is unattach a matchmaking queue, delete the region and game server build. Create a build with the new update, and allocate a region and reset up the matchmaking queue's game server build allocation.

I've seen some documentation about created and destroying matches, if I most do it that way. But nothing about sending a new matchmaking queue with the build allocation setting.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/deploy-using-powershell-api

If I get some direction on this, I would greatly appreciate this, thanks!

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Matchmaking queue can be modified via SetMatchmakingQueue API call, and you may define BuildId and ServerAllocationEnabled in property MatchmakingQueue of the request to configuring server allocation. Matchmaking Admin - Set Matchmaking Queue - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Docs

Since it is not supported to do it with Powershell tool and all available commands are listed on MpsPowershell/MpsPowershell/docs at main PlayFab/MpsPowershell (github.com), you may need to create a local tool to work with PowerShell if you want to modify them at the same time.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bsmith avatar image bsmith commented ·

I assume that updating a container isn't possible, so destroying the old and creating a new is my online option.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.