question

scottadams avatar image
scottadams asked

What are the limits on profile tags?

I found some documentation on profile tags at Add Player Tag which says the following:

This API will trigger a player_tag_added event and add a tag with the given TagName and PlayFabID to the corresponding player profile. TagName can be used for segmentation and it is limited to 256 characters. Also there is a limit on the number of tags a title can have.

How do we find the limit for a title? What is the limit on the string attached to the tag, not the tag itself?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottadams avatar image scottadams commented ·

I think I was misunderstanding the tags. I see it is not a key,value pair but just a single string. So the size of the value is nonexistent.

Still would like to know the max number of tags allowed. Can they be different on each player?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
scottadams avatar image
scottadams answered

Ok found the answer once I figured out they were called PlayerTags and not ProfileTags How many tags can a player have?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.