question

GERARD Anthony avatar image
GERARD Anthony asked

We have some problems with Switzerland accounts

We don't know why but it seems that all players that have their steam account linked with Switzerland got a problem on the connection. Can you help us about it ?

AppId : DD809

Best Regards,

Anthony.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Do you still have this issue? I have checked your title and it seems there are players from Switzerland logged in successfully today.

Can they log into steam successfully? Because PlayFab simply uses Steam ticket to authenticate with Steam server, if failed, the cause is error returned from Steam server. Is there any specific error message you can shared with us?

0 Likes 0 ·
GERARD Anthony answered

Yes we have the same problem for now, almost all players of Switzerland (except some players from Zurich) seems to got an error after some payers. They are logged successfully, send GetConnectionData cloudScript with success, same thing for GetPlayerProfile and after that they will send GetCatalogItemsRequest and only for these players, they doesn't seem to be able to continue to send others requests on Playfab. I don't know if the problem is coming from Steam because we don't need any Steam data after be logged...
I can't not check on the server if there is a common error for all players of Switzerland, can you check it ?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steam Integration only provides login identity and profiles information like friend list. It means after login with steam successfully, unless certain APIs are called, in most cases, players are accessing PlayFab service only. It is possible that your client exceeds the API limit and PlayFab API has an upper bound of 100 calls per 2 minutes per IP address. Do you have any detailed error messages?

If this issue is restricted to a specific region, it is also possible to be caused by local ISP. According to PlayFab Status, I don't see there is any incident for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
GERARD Anthony answered

No, it is the problem, i don't get any error on PlayFab, don't see any limit richs and it's only a problem with players in Switzerland, i think that you could see that in our title, only some players from Switzerland could not set their username because we don't receive GetCatalogItemsRequest without any errors... It's really strange, i can give you some players ids if you want but i find it really strange but i don't get any errors on PlayFab.

1 comment
10 |1200

I have checked the backend logs of your title. Most of API errors are normal, for example, due to some authentication issues from players. I noticed that most errors comes from GetFriendsList Server API calls, which should be from Cloud Script, and the error type is DownstreamServiceUnavailable. I am not sure of the scenario that getting friend list on Cloud Script frequently, but possibly it is caused by reading friend profiles from 3-rd party platforms.

Please note that Restful API cannot guarantee 100% success rate and the current failure rate is still below 1%. I suggest adding retry blocks in Cloud Script since this Cloud Script function is called frequently. In addition, you may also need to handle the error at client side in case the game progress cannot continue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.