question

Dillon Shane Lynch avatar image
Dillon Shane Lynch asked

Matchmaking "match with any" behavior is not symmetrical

I'm hitting an interesting matchmaking behavior. If I have some "match with any when not specified" matchmaking attributes and one ticket has them and the other doesn't, the order in which I submit the tickets changes how fast they'll match. The time difference is 30 seconds, which aligns with a different attribute that gets expanded but both tickets have the same matching value of so I assume it's causing a re-evaluation of the tickets from the perspective of the first ticket submitted. So it seems the parameter requirement isn't symmetrical.

I also just verified I can make two tickets not match if each has a different optional attribute. These two tickets will never match even if Optional1 and Optional2 are set to "match with any" when not specified. Ticket one: {Optional1: "0"}

Ticket two: {Optional2: "0"}

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Do you mean if you submit the Ticket One first the matchmaking time will be shorter, or is the situation the opposite? Could you please clarify the detailed behavior of matchmaking, and the specific reproduce steps? What is your expected behavior? And could you please provide the specific matchmaking queue configuration for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dillon Shane Lynch avatar image Dillon Shane Lynch commented ·

In the first paragraph, submitting ticket one first will result in a faster match, but in my test in the second paragraph the tickets will never match.

So in the second example, that never matches but should, and I think it demonstrates the bug better. This is the configuration:

Rule Name: Optional1
Rule Type: String Equality Rule
Attribute Source: User
Attribute Path: Optional1
Behavior when the the attribute is not specified: Match with any

Rule Name: Optional2
Rule Type: String Equality Rule
Attribute Source: User
Attribute Path: Optional2
Behavior when the the attribute is not specified: Match with any

To reproduce, have ticket one provide a value for Optional1 but not for Optional2, and have ticket two provide a value for Optional2 but not for Optional1.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Dillon Shane Lynch commented ·

Thanks for the reply, we will try to reproduce it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

[Edited] Thanks for sharing. We have reproduced the behavior you mentioned. And we will discuss the specific reasons caused this behavior with our engineering team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.