question

ad@t-bull.com avatar image
ad@t-bull.com asked

Guilds

Is there some way that i can easly create guild/clan system using PlayFab? If yes and there is some game on the market that you know of and it is using it can u please write me a title of it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We plan on providing a clan system in a future update, though we don't have a date scheduled for this yet. Currently, it would be possible to create a basic Clan system using Shared Group Data and Cloud Script, storing the information about players in the Clan in Shared Group Data, and controlling Clan adds/removes, etc. via Cloud Script (so that you have server-authoritative logic managing this).

If this is a key feature your title needs, please be sure to let us know at devrel@playfab.com, and be sure to let us know your expected ship date, so that we have that info available as we plan our upcoming sprints. If you could also let us know what specific Clan features you need, that would be helpful to our planning, as well.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Since we've had a few questions around this, let me add a bit of clarification:

A Shared Group Data based clan system would be, as stated above, basic. Shared Group Data, like player data, is intended for cases where you have a relatively small number of players accessing the data for a particular ID, and it is not designed to be searched/listed.

We are working on additional functionality for release this quarter however, which will provide for more support of guilds (and other features). Please be sure to keep an eye on our announcements page for more info on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
terrypapamarkou avatar image terrypapamarkou brendan commented ·

Hi Brendan, Has there been any further developments in this area? I'm about to start building a clan system. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
terrypapamarkou avatar image terrypapamarkou brendan commented ·

OK just found this - assuming this is currently the best approach? https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/entities/entity-groups

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan terrypapamarkou commented ·

Correct - "Groups" are currently V1, and we'll be expanding the capabilities for them in the coming months. They are indeed the way to have teams/clans/guilds in PlayFab.

1 Like 1 ·
Falcon Land avatar image
Falcon Land answered

Hi, yes our game "Card Lords" have guilds using PlayFab. And we are doing it exactly how Brendan described. Each Guild have its own Shared group where all guildmembers can see informations about their guild and other guildmates. When player creates a guild he can then add other players to the ShardGroup/Guild or remove them. With cloud-script you can basically do anything even if normally client does not have permission to do that.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks! In addition, I also wanted to highlight that, now that our core services are all free, Cloud Script is in reach of everyone - bar none. So we highly recommend managing your Shared Group Data (for Clans, in this case) via Cloud Script, in order to make sure a hacked client can't alter that data in ways that would be a problem for you.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.