question

stevenbalderrama avatar image
stevenbalderrama asked

email address not avaialble

Hello,

So i am connecting the Playfab API using Unity version 2021.1.2f1, and i deleted the player account, however not sure if I deleted the player account properly or maybe something else is going on with playfab... but when i try and register again with the same email address, it says it "Email Address not avaialble"

I checked the playfab players, it says 0, and checked ALL players, it also says 0, I waited 24 hours to make sure playfab was just going slow... and STILL... same issue... what is the deal??

I am using the RegisterPlayFabUserRequest and calling PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterPlayFabUser

which is giving me this issue... what can I do? also just a quick question... what API/method can i use to have the user delete there account if they want to cancel delete?

thanks in advance

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> which is giving me this issue... what can I do?

Could you please clarify which API you called to delete the player? Do you called the Server/Admin API Delete Player? If so, for clarification, this API does not delete the publisher user account that created the player in the title nor associated data such as username, password, email address, account linkages, or friends list. The account that be deleted by the API Delete Player can’t be registered again, since the corresponding publisher player accounts has existed. If you need to delete the publisher user account and the associated data, please call the Admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount.

>> also just a quick question... what API/method can i use to have the user delete there account if they want to cancel delete?

The deletion if the player accounts can’t be canceled. The player title accounts are deleted using Delete Player can log in the accounts to every title directly. But in this case, the data associated with the title_player_account, including statistics, custom data, inventory, purchases, virtual currency balances, characters and shared group memberships won’t be restored. If the player master accounts are deleted by DeleteMasterPlayerAccount, the account can’t be logged in again, it must be re-registered to use. The above two APIs both do not support the canceling the deletion. As the workaround, you can backup the player data before you delete the player then upload the player data manually. To export the all data associated with the master_player_account, you can call the API ExportMasterPlayerData.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stevenbalderrama avatar image stevenbalderrama commented ·

Sorry for the confusion, So i logged into playfab, and then went to Players, and Searched, and found the player and just deleted, I didnt use an API, though i am worried and wondering which API to use to properly and for sure delete the player and not have the player email around, so I want to delete the publisher player account... how do i do that? when i search for ALL Players, it says 0... again I am looking at this on the Playfab console.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok so in short, I did exactly this, I "Delete Player" but that of course keeps the email address, HOWEVER i dont want THAT, i need to remove the player altogether, but on the Playfab console, under players screen, doesnt show anyone, shows 0, I search and NOTHING! HOW do I delete the player or Publisher Player Account on PlayFab?? is it only able to do this through the API ONLY? or can i do it on the playfab website when i log in, and if so... where?????? Also its been more than 48 hours since i deleted the account... i think it should be gone by now. BUT i tried again... and it still says the email address is already created/being used.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang stevenbalderrama commented ·

Could you please clarify how did you delete it? There are two buttons in the Player Overview page of PlayFab Game Manager to delete the account -- [Delete title player] and [Delete master player]. Which one did you use?

If the player's title account is deleted, you can't find this account after searching. You can login the account again (it would be an empty account), so that you can find it in the PlayFab Game Manager. Then, you can delete this player's publish account using the Admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount, or you can navigate the Player Overview page, then click the [Delete master player] button. Once the account is deleted by the API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount or the [Delete master player] button, you can wait it deleted completely then use the email address to register an account again. Please check the API reference for more information.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Sarah, sorry for the confusion, in Short, I [Delete title player], which i see now you are right, so even if I deleted the [Delete title player], the master player still exists... now that I re-log back in, the account is creaetd. thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang stevenbalderrama commented ·

You are welcome. Gald to hear that you solved the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.