question

HW Studio avatar image
HW Studio asked

Regarding Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android

Hello!

My current Unity version is Unity 2020.3.7f1.

I’ve checked the details in the link below regarding IAP.

Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/getting-started-with-unity-iap-android

Now I’ve completed all the settings in the link but it seems like there is an issue.

Currently there is no issue with Google Login through playfab, nickname create and load.

Saying that I assume the project is connected with Playfab.

I have completed the PlayMarket Application setting and inserted info at the Google tab.

I designated the Catalog version at the Economy tab and matched the ItemID with ItemID at the Play Store. All other things that needed to be inserted has been done.

However I have done some purchases tests and I only see No purchases found text at the Players – Purchases tab.

Is it correct to check purchases at this tab? If so what would be the reason for the purchases not being shown?

I really hope someone can help me out on this.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

If the purchase was successfully validated by PlayFab, there should be a record of this purchase in the corresponding player’s Purchases tab in your Game Manager. Could you please provide your title id, the player’s PlayFabId and the receipt ID of that purchase for us to diagnose?

0 Likes 0 ·
HW Studio avatar image HW Studio Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

@Rick Chen
Thanks for the reply.
Here are the info you requested.

My Tittle ID: C4553
Player ID : 103A67DBD13C853
Player ID(title) : FAC5DD57511F1D1A

Is the receipt ID the purchase receipt code found at the Google Play console?
Also if the purchase is refunded, does it still show at the Purchases tab in the Game Manager?
Once again thanks for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·
HW Studio avatar image HW Studio commented ·

@Rick Chen
Thanks for the reply.
Here are the info you requested.

My Tittle ID: C4553
Player ID : 103A67DBD13C853
Player ID(title) : FAC5DD57511F1D1A

Is the receipt ID the purchase receipt code found at the Google Play console?
Also if the purchase is refunded, does it still show at the Purchases tab in the Game Manager?
Once again thanks for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Sorry for the confusion. Please ignore the “receipt ID”. I have inspected your title, but I cannot find any player_realmoney_purchase event, player_inventory_item_added event nor any player_receipt_validation event, and I cannot find any item in that player’s inventory. Have you followed this document Setting up a client application and use the code in AndroidIAPExample.cs? It looks like the purchase was not validated by PlayFab. Please make sure the ValidateGooglePlayPurchase API was successfully called.

>> If the purchase is refunded, does it still show at the Purchases tab in the Game Manager?

Yes.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.