question

JJ avatar image
JJ asked

Get player profile photo from Files

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JJ avatar image JJ commented ·

I have implemented saving a player's profile photo to their Files. I am trying to use GetFiles

PlayFabDataAPI.GetFiles

to download the profile photos by other players, but get the Not Authorized message (/File/GetFiles: NotAuthorized) I assume this is because players cannot access the files of other players. I have updated the global policy:

{ "Action": "Read", "Effect": "Allow", "Resource": "pfrn:data--*!*/Profile/Files/*", "Principal": "*", "Comment": "Anyone can see files", "Condition": null },

But that hasn't helped. Is there a way to authorize this so that players can see the profile images of their friends or other players?

Or are there any examples of how to do this?

I am using Unity.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I also implement the Entity Policy to enable the read permission of Files, and it works fine for me. How do you define the request of GetFiles API? Is the Title Player Account Entity of target player defined in the request?

In addition, Please also review the Policy content and make sure there is no other files related entries that may interfere the one you have posted.

My policy is below, and it is the same as yours.

{
    "Action": "Read",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Resource":"pfrn:data--*!*/Profile/Files/*",
    "Principal": "*",
    "Comment": "see files",
    "Condition": null
  },
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JJ avatar image JJ commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I checked the policy and it doesn't have any other files related entries. Just default + files entry

I am storing the files in the master account, not title files.

void LoadFileMetadataForUser(string userID)
        {
            var request = new PlayFab.DataModels.GetFilesRequest { Entity = new PlayFab.DataModels.EntityKey { Id = userID, Type = "master_player_account" } };
            PlayFabDataAPI.GetFiles(request, OnGetFileMeta, OnSharedFailure);

}

void OnGetFileMeta(PlayFab.DataModels.GetFilesResponse result)
        {

foreach (var eachFilePair in result.Metadata)
            {
                if( eachFilePair.Key == "profile.jpg")
                    GetActualFile(eachFilePair.Value);
            }
        }

void GetActualFile(PlayFab.DataModels.GetFileMetadata fileData)
        {
            PlayFabHttp.SimpleGetCall(fileData.DownloadUrl,
                result =>
                {
                    Debug.Log("profile image download success");
                }, // Finish Each SimpleGetCall
                error => { Debug.Log(error); }
            );
        }
0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ JJ commented ·

I may need more tests on Files in master player account. It is more common to store Entity Files in Title Player Account. Usually many actions from players, which apply to another master player account will be denied, but there is no document mentions. I will dig into later and I suggest using title player account because it simply works.

0 Likes 0 ·
JJ avatar image JJ Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I had tried in the title player account too but got the same not authorized message.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.