question

rubenwood avatar image
rubenwood asked

Using DisplayName parameter in registration request does not check if unique

When performing a registration request, and supplying a display name playFab does not check for uniqueness even if "Allow non-unique display names" is set to false.

Attached is the setting in the playfab settings and my register user request.

Upon sign up, if I have a display name that is already taken, no error is produced, the account is created but the display name field on the account is empty.

Ideall I would like playfab to produce an error in this case, so that users are forced to have a unique display name during account creation, else this will lead to a situation where my users will either have non-unique display names (which is bad for my app), or it will lead to a situation where users have no display names at all, which may also interfere with some functionality.

Player DataapisAccount ManagementTitle DataAuthentication
001.png (5.7 KiB)
002.png (7.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

I have done a test on Postman, I cannot reproduce the situation you described. The "Allow non-unique display names" was set to false in my title. When I use the RegisterPlayFabUser API with the existing display name, but different email, I received the "NameNotAvailable" error.

Could you please provide your title id, and both the PlayFab ids of those 2 players for us to diagnose?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.