question

Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated asked

Having trouble accessing Cached Data on Push Notifications

I'm having trouble with getting cached data from OnApplicationPause.

09-24 16:28:28.311 26187 26218 I Unity : AndroidJavaException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no non-static method with name='getPushCacheData' signature='()Ljava/lang/String;' in class Lcom.playfab.unityplugin.GCM.PlayFabPushCache; 

09-24 16:28:28.311 26187 26218 I Unity : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no non-static method with name='getPushCacheData' signature='()Ljava/lang/String;' in class Lcom.playfab.unityplugin.GCM.PlayFabPushCache;
void OnApplicationPause(bool paused) 
{ 
    #if UNITY_ANDROID && !UNITY_EDITOR 
    PlayFabAndroidPlugin.UpdateRouting(paused);
    string cached = PlayFabGoogleCloudMessaging.GetPushCacheData(); 
    GameManagerScript.Instance.Toast(cached); 
    #endif
}

also when trying to use the other function `GetPushCache` i get this error:

09-24 16:44:43.641  9023  9078 I Unity   : Exception: JNI: Unknown signature for type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject]' (obj = System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject]) equal

09-24 16:44:43.641  9023  9078 I Unity   :   at UnityEngine._AndroidJNIHelper.GetSignature (System.Object obj) [0x00270] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:1202
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar commented ·

Also, IMO, the plugin should handle the platform defines internally.

Also the "UpdateRounting" method now throws exception if called before "Init".

0 Likes 0 ·
Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Hello we have recently rebuilt our Plug-in and this issue should be resolved. Take a look here and let us know if you have any further issues.

-Zac

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Koen avatar image Koen commented ·

Has the Unity package been rebuilt in the meantime? We're currently experiencing the same issue.

Has the Unity package been rebuilt in the meantime? If so, where can we find it? We're currently experiencing the same problem.

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Koen commented ·

We rebuild the packages with each SDK release, so yes, it is rebuilt about once a week. You can always get the latest version from the Unity SDK repo in GitHub: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK

0 Likes 0 ·
marius avatar image marius brendan commented ·

Brendan could you please also update the AndroidPushPackage?

https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/tree/master/Packages/PushNotification_Unity5_0

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
marius avatar image marius commented ·

Hello Zac

Why does it say its updated a month ago, when you "recently" rebuild your plugin?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan marius commented ·

Can you point us to what you're looking at? The https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFab-Samples project is the one Zac is referencing, and it shows his merge as being 3 days ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
marius avatar image marius brendan commented ·

Refering to his link "rebuild out Plug-in". This link has not been updated for 1 month.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

We are looking into this issue and should have an update out this week.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.