question

brunobacelar avatar image
brunobacelar asked

Title data override in Experiments

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to use title data override with experiments.
I've created a experiment with title override, but when I execute cloudscript using server.GetTitleData, the title data value is not from override.
If I understand correctly, the override would be transparent and would not need the parameter override label in function call, right?

CloudScriptTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

In order to get the title data from the Overrides, it is needed to provide the override label explicitly when calling the GetTitleData API. Otherwise, it will return the one from the Primary title data. Please refer to the GetTitleData API document for more details.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brunobacelar avatar image brunobacelar commented ·

Hm..So what's the point of title override in experiments? If I have two overrides for same title, each one in different variants, how can I know what is the label of the variant?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ brunobacelar commented ·

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your question. The server API call of GetTitleData API does requires the specifying the override label in order to get the title data from the overwrites.

If you want to get the title data overwrite for a player in experiments. You could use the client API of GetTitleData instead.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.