question

KyoungHeum Yeun avatar image
KyoungHeum Yeun asked

I have a few questions using Playfab and Azure functions.

I know how to use Azure Functions in Playfab as [VS Code Create Function -> Deploy to Function App -> Playfab Register Function].

If I created 10 functions at once, do I need to register [Register Function] one by one in Playfab? Is there any more efficient way?

If the function AA is registered and is in live service.

If I have to modify the AA function at this time, I want to modify the code and do [Local Test -> Server Test -> Distribution].

What should I do with the server test at this time?

If we do [DeployToFunctionApp] after the local test, it will affect the live user,

so should we create and distribute AA2 with the same function as AA and overwrite AA2 with AA after testing?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. You will need to register functions one by one. Another method is to install PlayFab vs code extension. PlayFab/vscode-playfab-explorer: PlayFab Explorer extension for VS Code (github.com)
  2. In a common scenario, many games on the market have separate titles for different purposes. The production title should be the main server, while there also should be a test title, which is a better place to test your new features, like testing Azure Function.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.