question

Benedikt avatar image
Benedikt asked

Outdated Maven Artifacts

Hello,

I've noticed that the Java SDKs are no longer being published as Maven Artifacts to mvnrepository.com.

The latest version available there is from Dec 16 2020

https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=com.playfab

Looking at the SDK's repo today I found that new versions are being built frequently, however they aren't being published to mvnrepository anymore.

Is there a reason for this? Are they being published somewhere else I couldn't find yet?

Kind regards.

sdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benedikt avatar image Benedikt commented ·

Also I was wondering whether this is the intended way to report problems like this. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to create an issue on the appropriate repository.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please find the latest version of Java SDK on GitHub as it is up to date. The updates in mvnrepository will be less frequent than in GitHub.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Also I was wondering whether this is the intended way to report problems like this. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to create an issue on the appropriate repository.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the quick reply. I was aware of the JARs within the repo.

Personally, this isn't an acceptable way to manage dependencies for me. I was hoping there was some problem causing the JARs not to be published since 7 months.

Also the wording in the repos readme is misleading:

"Check the Maven Central Repository for latest versions of our SDKs."

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
Benedikt avatar image
Benedikt answered

Thank you for the quick reply. I was aware of the JARs in the repository.

Personally, this is not an acceptable way to do dependency management for me so I was hoping there was some issue preventing the SDK being pushed to a maven repo.

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

As far as I know the product team are working on higher priority tasks and bringing new features to PlayFab. The request for update has been submitted and it is recorded in the backlog, however, we cannot confirm when it is done.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.