question

James Battersby avatar image
James Battersby asked

Steam: FailedByPayment Provider - Subsequent purchases fail

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody has come across this scenario before.

I'm currently testing what should happen if the user cancels their payment in Steam. I'm able to detect it just fine but subsequent (valid) purchases fail for the same reason, as if the error state is cached and not cleared on a new purchase request. Am I missing a call to wipe the slate clean as it were and start anew?

In-Game Economy
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Battersby avatar image James Battersby commented ·

I should add this this is when calling ConfirmPurchase from the Client API

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
James Battersby avatar image
James Battersby answered

Please ignore - there was some confusion as to how to properly implement purchases through Steam.

In this particular case, I was calling ConfirmPurchase immediately in the PayForPurchase response without waiting for the Steam MicroTxnAuthorization callback. The only reason it had worked at all was because I was repeatedly calling ConfirmPurchase at exponential intervals during which I had approved the transaction in the Steam overlay.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.