question

Santiago Rollheiser avatar image
Santiago Rollheiser asked

How to get DisplayName and Email using Blueprint Unreal Engine 4

Hi, how are you?

I need some help getting the Account Info data. I have the login using a CustomID, using this method i was create the users with the deviceID. This flow is ok.

My problem is now i make the flow to update this info DisplayName and eMail. The update work properly, but i need show the info stored on playfab.

I need solve this problem because the user need see what is your DisplayName and email.

Thx.

Account Managementunrealsupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Sorry for the late reply. According to my test, I was able to get the display name with the Blueprint similar to your screenshot-79.

For the issue you were experiencing, please do the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

• Please make sure the player you logged in has a display name. You could search that player on [Your Game Manager]->[Players].
  • Please make sure your title allow client access to display name. You could enable the option in [Your Game Manager]->[Title settings]->[Client profile options].
  • You could add some break point and debug your Blueprint and see which step the issue happens on. To learn more about debugging Blueprint, you could refer to Blueprint Debugging.
  • The cause of the issue could be the way you implement UMG or something that does not relate to PlayFab. If that is the case, please ask the Unreal Engine team for help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Santiago Rollheiser answered

Here my Flow:
In the first part i was created the flow to add DisplayName and eMail over my CustomInstance BP:

Later i was make the update using a UMG. This work ok, but in the both "Text Block" i need read the saved DisplayName and eMail:

The flow for update work porperly, but the TextBlock never catch the value changed on PlayFab.

Another thing, to get account info need set the PlaterID (Playfab ID) for each player, what is the way to catch dynamic this ID. Because now im testing setting manually the ID but this is not the Idea.

Thx

BR

screenshot-80.jpg (136.6 KiB)
screenshot-77.jpg (14.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Santiago Rollheiser answered

Here the part when i try to catch the DisplayName:

But not showed when try to catch on UMG:

Thx

BR

screenshot-79.jpg (132.0 KiB)
screenshot-81.jpg (68.3 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I will do some test about this. It could take a while, your patience is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.