question

pondus avatar image
pondus asked

An error message is displayed when logging in from another Steam account.

You have successfully logged in and signed up for your business Steam account. But when I try to sign up and log in with a different Steam account for testing, I get an error message. Could you please comment on this?

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

55.jpg (15.2 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottadams avatar image scottadams commented ·

It's not clear to me where you are logging etc. Steam Works? Steam Partners? Steam Community? PlayFab? Can you give more details on exactly what you are referring to above in each step?

I have multiple Steam accounts working fine with PlayFab. I don't know if I can help but willing to share what I have learned.

2 Likes 2 ·
pondus avatar image pondus scottadams commented ·

Thank you for your kind reply.

An account that currently has a business agreement with Steam to release a game has been successfully registered with Playfab on Steam. "Steam Application ID/Steam Web API Key" is registered as the registered information for the business account, but when I try to log in with my regular Steam account, an error message is displayed and I cannot log in. If I get a Steam developer key and apply it to another account, will it solve it?

Have a nice day.

0 Likes 0 ·
pondus avatar image pondus scottadams commented ·

The problem has been resolved. Thank you for your kind reply.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The error messages in the callback is returned from Steam server, PlayFab simply authenticate information in the request with Steam in the backend. If you want to test your game before it is officially released, you may need to set up test accounts.

According to Steamworks official document :

Enabling Internal Testers

You will obviously need to test your application yourself before release and you may have other employees that you wish to grant access to help test. The best way to enable these employees to test is by adding them to your Steamworks account. By default, the first user created in a Steamworks account is granted administrative permissions and access to the default application being worked on. That user can then add more users to help develop and test the application. You can read more about adding new users in Managing Your Steamworks Account.

Additionally, you can request keys for a package that will grant immediate access to your application. To learn more about the different types of packages and requesting keys, please see Packages.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pondus avatar image pondus commented ·

문제가 해결되었습니다. 친절한 답변 감사합니다.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.