question

Tibor Dandi avatar image
Tibor Dandi asked

Player Item Management - How to Load ! User Inventory Item Custom Data

Hi

I am using ue4 .

I saw there is "Player Item Management - Update User Inventory Item Custom Data" function here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/server/player-item-management/update-user-inventory-item-custom-data?view=playfab-rest

But how can I read or load from a character's item custom data keys/values?
I could not really find any script or function info about it!

1.png

3.png

1.png (67.7 KiB)
3.png (359.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To be clear, in PlayFab, Character and Player are different features. The URL you have mentioned is for getting Player Inventory. Simply using GetUserInventory API can get item custom data.

Inventory data can be cached locally for reference, and you can sync with PlayFab from time to time.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tibor Dandi avatar image Tibor Dandi commented ·

Yes but if you check it has character ID requests so it is for characters .

I have characters as you can see so I want to get access to their items custom data .

If you click on the small custom data icon at item of a character (see the picture above ) it shows the link what I shared .

So how's is that Now? Seems a bit mixed in playfab .

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Tibor Dandi commented ·

As you can see the "required" column of CharacterId in the request is not specified, which means it is an optional parameter. You are able to define characterId in the request to update certain item in character's inventory.

To get character inventory, please use Get Character Inventory. Meanwhile for player account -- Get User Inventory.

There is only one update API, but it can handle both side updates -- Update User Inventory Item Custom Data

0 Likes 0 ·
Tibor Dandi avatar image Tibor Dandi Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yes I understand the update part of the items but what you linked ("Get Character Inventory ") still does not contain the characters items custom data informations!

Where to get those data ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tibor Dandi avatar image
Tibor Dandi answered

the Question has not been answered yet !

I understand the update part of the items but what you linked ("Get Character Inventory ") still does not contain the characters items custom data informations!

Where to get those data ?

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Get Character Inventory will return the custom data and I have tested it in my title. May I have your item ID and player.

Here is an example:

Please find the sample response on Sample Response of GetCharacterInventory (github.com).

The

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.