question

David Godwin avatar image
David Godwin asked

How do I get the inner exception on a authentication error using C# SDK in Godot?

I put the code in the appropriate places rom the C# Quickstart here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/c-sharp/quickstart

When it tries to run, it gets a error and then the line:

GD.Print(PlayFabUtil.GenerateErrorReport(apiError));

Returns "Authentication failed, see inner exception."

So trying to debug that I looked for a log somewhere and tried to find a InnerException or equivalent to debug. I also looked through the documentation to try to understand how to access the inner exception mentioned and cannot find anything. New to PlayFab and hoping I can get some help.

1) Does the C# SDK work in a Mono based environment like GoDot?

2) How do I get to the inner exception?

3) If either of the above are blockers, would using the straight REST API be the best way to use PlayFab with GoDot? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thank you

sdksAuthentication
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I am not familiar with Godot, but will try to download the mono version of it to test the C# SDK.

It should work as Unity is also a Mono based IDE.

1 Like 1 ·
Jose Fernandez de Castro avatar image Jose Fernandez de Castro Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Did you get it working?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Fernandez de Castro avatar image Jose Fernandez de Castro commented ·

Also facing the same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
anomalyaces avatar image
anomalyaces answered

Any follow up on this? I am also running into the same issue

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Have you checked the discussion on official Godot forum --Is it possible to use PlayFab with Godot? — Godot Forum (godotforums.org)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Fernandez de Castro avatar image Jose Fernandez de Castro Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi Sethdu,

The SDK generator works for GDScript but the C# version does not work with Mono because of the error listed in the original post. Have you gotten to test it yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Will Osborn avatar image
Will Osborn answered

I've spent the morning working at this and found that the issue is related to some failure with the SSL: the inner exception in question appears to be

Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
at /root/mono-6.12.0.158/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132

I do not know why this would happen, especially not *specifically in Godot*, and I don't have a permanent solution as of yet.

In the meantime, as a temporary solution, I'm disabling SSL verification with

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback +=
(sender, cert, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true;

For fairly obvious reasons turning off certificate validation is a bad idea, but this seems a sufficient working-draft workaround.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.