question

Anas Siraj avatar image
Anas Siraj asked

Get Custom ID from PlayFab IDs in bulk

Hi,

Is there a way to get custom IDs from PlayFab IDs in bulk? I see this API - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/server/account-management/get-server-custom-ids-from-playfab-ids?view=playfab-rest but it doesn't seem to work for client users? only server users?

Please let me know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently there is no such API to get custom IDs from PlayFab IDs in bulk. But you could use the server API GetPlayerProfile with the following request body to get the custom id from a player.

{

"PlayFabId": "YourPlayFabId",
"ProfileConstraints": {
"ShowLinkedAccounts": true

}

}

You could loop this API and get the custom IDs of players one by one.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottadams avatar image scottadams commented ·

Problem is you will be cut off after a while for API spamming. I forgot the details on the limitations, but ran into this problem before.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anas Siraj avatar image Anas Siraj commented ·

Thanks.. as noted in the comment below... what are the limitations for this API? How many times can I hit it without being banned for API spamming? It would be a good feature for an API to get customid's in bulk

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Anas Siraj commented ·

In general, servers are limited to 1,000 API calls every 10 seconds, so that they can make calls on behalf of many players. But please also bear in mind that you will be spinning the Profile Read meter every time you call GetPlayerProfile, with each call spinning the meter 1 per 1KB in the response.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.