question

Nicholas Gomes avatar image
Nicholas Gomes asked

Can't update currency values from Game Manager

I try to modify the initial deposit on a currency and I get an error of "Currency may only be two characters long". Due to this I also can't add additional currencies or modify/save values for any current currencies i have.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, apologies for the confusion - there was a brief period where the configuration page wasn't correctly checking that the Currency Code being entered was a max of two characters, so the one you entered as "testCurrency" isn't valid. We've also don't allow for deletion of virtual currencies yet, as there's some work we need to do to ensure this won't be problematic (existing currency balances, purchased items).

We will be updating to allow for VC deletion later, which would be the way to correct this in-place. For now, and given that you have players with that currency and items which have been purchased with it, I'm going to recommend that you create a fresh title, get the configuration values from your current title (GetTitleData, GetCatalogItems, etc.), and use that data to populate the new title (once you've corrected the currency code). That will ensure that you don't have any issues due to backend changes to the currency.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.