question

Aydin avatar image
Aydin asked

Use ClientAPI with ServerAPI Login

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way I can login to PlayFab using the PlayFabServerAPI - specifically using PlayFabServerAPI.LoginWithServerCustomId - and use the PlayFabClientAPI services without login the ClientAPI?

The problem I have here is that I want to use PlayFabClientAPI.GetPhotonAuthenticationToken on my server but I don't want to create a normal user for my servers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Aydin

P.S. A better solution would have been that I there were GetPhotonAuthenticationToken in PlayFabServerAPI so that we didn't have to include PlayFabClientAPI in the servers at all.

photon
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In the common scenario, using LoginWithServerCustomId is a feasible solution, and you may use PlayFabClientInstanceAPI to get photon token. May I ask the issue?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aydin avatar image Aydin commented ·

Thank you, it worked. I didn't know I have to - or event could - use PlayFabClientInstanceAPI here; There is not much info about the role of PlayFabClientInstanceAPI.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Aydin commented ·

Please also note that the IP address of your server (or using Cloud Script/Azure function) may stay unchanged for a long time, while PlayFab client API has a certain upper bound rate limit per IP, which may cause throttling when the request rate is high.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.