question

Triqode Studio avatar image
Triqode Studio asked

Duplicate User Name and leaderboard

I have issue with duplicate display Name , Since its unique , I am having problem showing name in Leader-board , How should I show usernames that are duplicate and not registered by system.

There are Many duplicate Names ( I am using Facebook Name as Display Name) , and their playfabId is provided instead of Name , users are getting confused when they do not see their Name.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be making a change within the next few sprints to provide titles the option of non-unique display names. If you need a fix for a title that's live today however, you would need to set the display name to something unique in order to have something you could show the user. Usually this is done by adding a randomly generated ID to the end of the username.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.