question

skubilay94 avatar image
skubilay94 asked

Can i create a widget to showing leaderboards on my website ?

Can i create a widget to showing leaderboards on my website ? i want to show leaderboard on my website for who play the game i made with unity. How can i do this ?

apissdkswebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, as PlayFab is a service based on RESTful API, you may implement PlayFab in many platforms including web application. However, how to implement it depends on your requirement. If your website supports PlayFab login, you may define Client API GetLeaderboard in the front-end to get the data for display. Meanwhile if you want anyone to see the leaderboard when opening the website, server API will be required because there is no call frequency limit per IP address for server API. In terms of this scenario, secret key is required for server API. Practically, you will need to separate the front-end and back-end, so that server API is called in the backend in case of exposing secret key to users. I am not expert on web development, you may find more help from corresponding community, but the key point of implementing PlayFab service on the website is not to leak the secret key.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.