question

Aydin avatar image
Aydin asked

How to Obtain ServerCustomId?

Hi,

I want to use PlayFabServerAPI.LoginWithServerCustomId in my server but I need a ServerCustomId to pass in the request. I was under the impression that the ServerCustomId is the same as the CustomId we use for Client API but apparently based on the documentation which says "Server Custom ID and Client Custom ID are mutually exclusive and cannot be used to retrieve the same player account" I was wrong.

Now I am wondering if ServerCustomId comes from a special kind of player (that I don't know of) or it is generated in some other way?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Aydin

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Server Custom ID login is specifically there to allow you to use an ID that you generate in your own service backend to log the player in. Basically, it's for the case where you do not want to expose anything about the player outside your own authentication service. So, the player signs into your service, and then you use a custom ID that you control as part of the player account (usually not exposed to the client at all) to sign the player into the PlayFab account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.