question

Akos Meiszter avatar image
Akos Meiszter asked

Looking for Unreal Engine PlayFab Blueprints documentation/ tutorials

Hi All, I was recently able to upload a game server to PlayFab which took me a while to figure it out, but it is deployed and from the Unreal Editor I was able start up the server as well, although stopping the server did not work with "Shutdown Multiplayer Server".

Now what I want to achieve is to connect to the server with different clients, but I am not familiar with the Blueprints of Playfab and I am a bit lost about it.

Please if you can, direct me to some documentation/ tutorials where I can understand how to connect to the server with clients and create some basic multiplayer functionality.

Thank you,

unrealmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

We are having a new Multiplayer Unreal Game Server Sample now. Please check MpsSamples/UnrealThirdPersonMP.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

If you integrate the PlayFab Matchmaking with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, clients can get the server details by calling GetMatch API. Otherwise, clients should call API RequestMultiplayerServer to get the server details which contains the IP address and port number, so clients can connect to the server using these two parameters. These two above API methods would allocate the server sessions that in Stand by state. For defining TCP socket listener or HTTP listener based on the connection requirement, please refer to https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/572936/i-need-to-connect-to-server-via-tcp.html.

3 comments
10 |1200

Akos Meiszter avatar image Akos Meiszter commented ·

Hi thanks for your reply, yes I did manage to get some testing done using the RequestMultiplayerServer and I was able to connect to the server as well, hovewer the Shutdown Multiplayer Server returns

"errorCode":1089,"errorMessage":"Only entities of the following types may call this API: title"

and after a while when I try to connect I have this popping up as well

MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion - No Hosts available in regions 'NorthEurope', please retry.

My guess is that I am getting the -NoHostAvailableInRegion due to my server is not shutting down as it should.

Thanks for your time

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Akos Meiszter commented ·

It usually indicates that there are no available servers in the current region. It is true that you do not close previously used server instances.

0 Likes 0 ·
jriehl avatar image jriehl Akos Meiszter commented ·

Hi @Akos Meiszter, can you please share some details about how you manage to connect to the server, once you've got the server details ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.