question

Christopher Aardappel avatar image
Christopher Aardappel asked

All custom game server API calls throw an error

So, I've built and uploaded my own custom game server and am now attempting to connect to it. The server is visible in my Servers list, so it seems to have initialized correctly. However, I have to assume I've done something wrong in building it, as every call I make against the matchmaking APIs results in one error or another.
Here's my results so far:
Admin/ModifyMatchmakerGameModes: 200 OK
Admin/GetServerBuildInfo: 500 IS Error w/ code 1110
Matchmaker/StartGame: 400 Bad Request w/ Message-'Invalid Request Parameters' and Error-'RegionAtCapacity'
Client/Matchmake OR StartGame: 500 IS Error w/ code 1110
Client/StartGame: 400 Bad Request w/ code 1000 (invalid params, but everything looks right to me here {
"BuildVersion": "0.1",
"Region": "USCentral",
"GameMode": "0"
})

Do I need to handle the provided command line parameters in my server build? If so, what do they need to do?
I have implemented both NotifyMatchmakerPlayerLeft and RedeemMatchmakerTicket, although I'm not far along enough in the process to know if my issue lies there.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It looks like we need some additional info on the returned errors - the issue with the call as stated is that the BuildVersion doesn't match what you have in the configured game. The build version for purposes of this call is the BuildId you specified when you called AddServerBuild (DR-1, to abbreviate yours). I changed it back to that in your command line, and used that in my call to Matchmake.

Next, your executable was in a subdirectory in the zip file, but the Path in your configuration had it at the root, so I updated your Path to qualify it with the location of the exe.

Once I made those changes, I was able to Matchmake into the game, no problem.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Aardappel avatar image
Christopher Aardappel answered

Ahh, thank you! I had that path correct in a previous build upload, but forgot to update it fully in subsequent uploads. I also hadn't put it together that the Build ID entered when using the Builds upload web GUI mapped to the build version.

Thanks for the help!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.