question

Baljeet Singh avatar image
Baljeet Singh asked

,which PlayFab version I need to use as per codes given in the documentation

Hi Team,

I am trying to achieve to call Cloud script Func registered in the Play Fab but I stuck to execute client SDK codes given in the documentation below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript-af/quickstart

Can you please help with the latest docs or let me know which version of SKD I need to use these codes?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To test the Azure function, you may need to call ExecuteFunction in your client. As the document provides C# code snippets, you may create a C# test project and implement the latest PlayFab C# SDK via Nuget. Meanwhile if you only need to test APIs, you may consider using Postman -- Postman (REST) SDK - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Baljeet Singh avatar image Baljeet Singh commented ·

I tried Async functions and that works fine.
Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
Baljeet Singh avatar image Baljeet Singh commented ·

Hi, latest SDK doesn't contain functions like ExecuteFunction it contains only ExecuteFunctionSync

0 Likes 0 ·
Baljeet Singh avatar image Baljeet Singh Baljeet Singh commented ·

I meant ExecuteFunctionASync

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

ExecuteFunctionAsync is ExecuteFunction API encapsulated function in C# SDK for asynchronous programming standard. For most APIs in C# SDK, there is “async” suffix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Baljeet Singh avatar image Baljeet Singh Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu So it means I can use only encapsulated functions in c# SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Baljeet Singh commented ·

It is recommended but not compulsory. If you investigate the source code, C# SDK handles request, on sucess response, on error response well, and it convert http text data to predefined objects. I don't see the reason that you don't use it since you have imported C# SDK. Because PlayFab is based on RESTful API, theoretically, you may define HTTP client in C# project, but will need plenty of work to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.