question

bryan-matsui-pierce avatar image
bryan-matsui-pierce asked

The MPSAgent is encountering an error before reporting a heartbeat

I am trying to debug my headless server for my game using the MpsAgent but I keep running into the same error: error.png

Here is a quick summary of what I did so far: I made a game using Unity+Mirror+Ignorance and made sure that the server and client build worked locally. After I

was satisfied, I installed the PlayFabSDK and GSDK and integrated them with my game. I first uploaded a server build to the PlayFab multiplayer service to test the integration and it appeared to be successful (green dot and "Deployed") but my client builds were not able to connect to it. To see if there was anything wrong with the server build, I decided to use the MpsAgent while following this to locally debug it but I keep encountering the same error as mentioned above.

Here is my MultiplayerSettings.json file just in case (I made it a txt file just to upload it): multiplayersettings.txt

Could there be a step that I skipped or is there an error with my MultiplayerSettings.json file?

multiplayer
error.png (204.8 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

According to the Locally debugging document, in the MultiplayerSettings.json, the paths for the StartGameCommand are different for a Process and a Container. The StartGameCommand path for a process is a relative path where the working directory will be the first asset specified. You could change the “StartGameCommand” in the “ProcessStartParameters” from “C:\\Assets\\Prototype0.exe” to “Prototype0.exe” and see if it works. In addition, please also debug your server with the container before uploading it to PlayFab multiplayer.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.