question

Jeff Jadulco avatar image
Jeff Jadulco asked

What is the recommended way to get the number of currently matching players from multiple queues?

My goal is to get the number of matchmaking players per queue simultaneously (or in just a short time) so that I can display the metrics in the game.

Example setup:

Queues

1. Casual Queue
  2. Competitive Queue
  3. Random Queue

I've tried GetQueueStatisitcs API but it is currently rate limited to 1 request per minute globally.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, we only provide the API GetQueueStatistics to get the current number of players in the matchmaking queue, who are waiting to be matched. As the API reference said, statistics will be refreshed once every 5 minutes. There is no other official feature can be used to get the queue statistics. For your case, you can try to record the number of players who are waiting to be matched manually in the external cache such as Redis, so that you can write and read the data in real time.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.