question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

How to get session ticket? (for debugging purposes)

I'm currently trying to call Matchmake from my client.

The call works when called via the TryIt button. The call also works via Postman.

However, when called through my client with the same parameters, I receive a "500 Internal Server Error."

To debug this, I want to get the session ticket as well as other information that the client is sending. I'm assuming that somehow the request my client is sending is different than the one sent by Postman. That difference will lead me to the cause of the error.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I've posted to the other thread as well (https://community.playfab.com/questions/5373/ssh-into-server.html) on the specific error for this case, based on our logs, but for the specific question asked here:

The session ticket is returned on a login call, and is used by the client for all calls to PlayFab. While you can't get the session ticket for a TryIt call, it's not relevant to the issue in question. There are currently a couple of bugs open on the Matchmake call that can result in 500 errors - we'll take care of them as soon as we can, but they are:

1. If no server is running for the title (check that your server is ready in the Servers tab before trying to matchmake).

2. If a build is specified which does not exist.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Thanks for the assistance, Brendan. Oddly enough, after restarting the server a few times, it works now. I didn't change anything in the client.

Good to know that the team is working on catching those errors.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

That's very odd. The 500 errors auto-create tasks for us, so that we know to get those updated with more specific errors, so we should be able to track this down and get it made more explicit. I do suspect it's going to be due to a startup state issue, but that wouldn't impact a live title, since it should always have at least one server in a ready state.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.