question

Chris Smith avatar image
Chris Smith asked

UE4 Crashes when testing with 2 clients,

I have an issue that unreal is crashing when I try to open 2 or more player clients (to check replication in game etc.)

The program crashes with the error Assertion failed: DeveloperSecretKey.Len() == 0 || ClientSessionTicket.Len() == 0

I have set the Developer key in the project settings (this makes it crash) I also tried setting it in the level bleuprint and it still crashes.

If i use 1 client then it is fine but I would like to be able to open multiple at once to see the interaction between different players (animations etc)

Any ideas how to have 2 clients in standalone mode with the dev key set?

apisunreal
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will try to reproduce this issue. Your patience. will be appreciated.

1 Like 1 ·

Would you share your code snippets or Blueprint (via blueprintUE)? Please hide private information. In addition, as for player clients, you shouldn't input secret key in the PlayFab setting (neither in Plugin nor BP node) so that your secret key won't expose.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Chris Smith avatar image
Chris Smith answered

I think the sharing the key part is what is casuing an issue, if I exluded it from the project settings I can run 2/3 or 4 local clients (but obviously can't test the playFab functionality)

Its a very early build of my game so Im not sure how I expose the dev key to just the server? As I am just testing from Unreal editor (chosing the 'client' setting from the play button and it creating a dedicated server in the backgroud)

Is there somewhere else I should be putting the dev key? Or a way in Unreal to set it for the dedicated server in editor running in the backgroud?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am not sure of the requirement. Are you developing a server build or a client? If it is a server build, since PlayFab host server via docker, each server instance will only have one executable.

Meanwhile if it is a client, you shouldn't put secret key in your client.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.