question

tobiasbexelius avatar image
tobiasbexelius asked

Photon room event call Azure Function

Hi, I've seen that you with the Photon integration can have Photon call a CloudScript for its room events, but is there some way to make it call an Azure Function instead?

I mean, I could configure a webhook on the photon side to call Azure directly, but I would also need the AuthenticationContext from PlayFab so that I can make calls into it (through the data API specifically).

photon
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

Firstly, I want to know if you want to add the azure function separately as a web hook, or you want to call it through playfab, just like the new azure function as cloudscript.

0 Likes 0 ·
tobiasbexelius avatar image
tobiasbexelius answered

As it turned out, Photon Quantum which we specifically use have room events disabled, so we couldn't use it anyway. But thanks for the help!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

omerkhalid avatar image
omerkhalid answered

I implemented this a few months ago and you have to add the link of your azure function in photon app portal as hooks i think. But I couldn't call it through playfab so I connected it to playfab in function. Maybe @Ivan Cai can shed some light on how to call it through playfab?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.