question

Aybjax avatar image
Aybjax asked

Development and debugging of webhooks and cloudscript

Good day!

I wanted to put a webhook on file upload to save player statistics available for teaching faculty.

However entity com.playfab.entity_file_set event fires but webhook does not.

As per documentation, it says "Entity PlayStream Events do not currently support forwarding with Webhooks." (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/webhooks/).

However, even if I do not set the filters I do not get the the call to my api endpoint.

In addition to that, I cannot find that part that says "Failing since" (I am using localtunnel for development server + adding "Bypass-Tunnel-Reminder" header to true in webhook settings) (so currently cannot find the root of the problem).

1. How can I monitor or debug webhooks?

2. Is there any possible ways to develop Cloudscripts locally. Nodejs sdks are just wrappers to rest api endpoints. cloudscript-engine library does not seem to work well, as documentations and commands to do not match.

Thanks in advance

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Yes, currently there are some entity events that cannot be triggered for webhook.

>> How can I monitor or debug webhooks?

There is no standard procedure to debug the webhooks. You can use your method to debug the webhooks.

>> Is there any possible ways to develop Cloudscripts locally.

You could write your CloudScript locally, then use the UpdateCloudScript API or GitHub integration to upload to your title. There is no library reference for CloudScript. You could use the Azure Function instead if you want the library reference. You can write the Azure Function with your IDE and download the required library.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.