question

Wanhan dredwan avatar image
Wanhan dredwan asked

Request for Matchmaking example,Request for Matchmaking Example

Hi,

I have read several questions and answers here on how to setup matchmaking. I understand it at high level. but im quite lost on small details. I havent seen any example either, like code itself, line by line. Unity C# matchmaking example would be helpful.

For example, to create a matchmakingrequest, we pass
Buildversion, characterId, gameMode, lobbyId.

I dont get where i will get my build version, what value for gameMode, and lobbyId as well. I also dont get where its 2021, and I cant find any example of matchmaking implementation. Sourcecode/ Video would be alot helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Vic

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe you are using the legacy matchmaker system, which is different from the new Matchmaking system. Properties likegameMode and lobbyId are for the legacy customized server. The legacy server is not available for now as Multiplayer Server 2.0 is the replacement solution.

I believe you have followed the tutorials at Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, if you want to try out the matchmaking APIs, you may note that in the index of API document, all sub-pages of Multiplayer - PlayFab Multiplayer REST API | Microsoft Docs, are for Multiplayer 2.0. Meanwhile, you shouldn’t use any APIs in Matchmaker index. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions on Matchmaking.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wanhan dredwan avatar image Wanhan dredwan commented ·

Could u pls help me identify which tutorial is outdated or not. What i did was just download the iOS SDK. And thats the only iOS SDK i have found. Does it mean that the iOS SDK is outdated? And that we should use the REST API only?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Wanhan dredwan commented ·

To be clear, legacy matchmaker and new matchmaking are both included in the SDK because even though new customers will not be able to access the legacy multiplayer system, those APIs won't be deprecated and PlayFab will continue to support for all customers that previously use this system.

Any APIs which have "matchmaker" keyword belong to legacy system, and they are client APIs. Meanwhile, APIs with "matchmaking" is the new one and they are all entity APIs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wanhan dredwan avatar image Wanhan dredwan commented ·

I have rechecked the iOS sdk code, it seems there is support for Multiplayer 2.0. It's not that well documented but I guess I will just have to do try it out. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.