question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

Which account to link from?

I have a user that was having some in-game issues, and he decided to reinstall the game to try to fix it. After creating a new account, he was unavle to link accounts in the game for some reason.

Usually they’d have the option in game to use the new account or old account. If I want to link the wccounts for him so that his OLD account is what he continues with, do I go to that ild account and link the new one, or vice versa.

Sorry for typos, fat fingers on my phone lol.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To use the old account. Since there are unlimited player accounts in quantity at a paid tier subscription, I believe you may let the client ignore the previously generated account and log in the old account directly. Of course, you can implement an Admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount in Cloud Script/Azure Function to remove that player completely.

May I ask which API have you implemented for the login workflow? Normally, if it is Device ID or custom ID, you may manually link and unlink them at Game Manager for this player.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt avatar image Matt commented ·

i do use custom ID by default for logging in, so I’d like to manually link his account in game manager. I’m not sure if I should go to the old account and link the new ID or go to the new account and link the old ID. I want gis data, when he logs in, to ise the old account since that’s where his progress is.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Matt commented ·

Simply link the custom ID in the new account. If the identity is existing in an old account, this link action will be forced, which means the identity will be unlinked from the old account automatically and will be linked to the new account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt avatar image Matt Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Ok perfect, thank you! He wants to keep his old account, so I will link the custom ID for the new account within that old account. Basically just the opposite direction from your example.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.