question

bulent1907 avatar image
bulent1907 asked

cannot resolve destination host

We started using Playfab for our new casual game and currently on the free plan. We are currently doing a tech launch in India and Brazil where we test whether or not the game works smoothly. While doing that, We see the high failure rate of PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithGoogleAccount method call from our firebase events which is named as `` cannot resolve destination host``. We are wondering if this is caused by the package we are using and would like to discuss it with your team to find a solution. I appreciate the prompt response and looking forward to talking to you soon.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

In general, this error message indicates a network connection issue. I recommend using network monitoring tools to investigate such issues. Please recheck whether there is an application permission issue. Meanwhile, please provide the full context of login callback for troubleshooting, and remember to hide private information.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

I'm having this same issue as well, but it mostly happens to the users from South Africa and very rarely, it happens to the users from Europe. In my case, the problem is ExecuteCloudscript API. I think, it's related to the users' network quality or their ISP?

0 Likes 0 ·
bulent1907 avatar image bulent1907 Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

Hi Ozan,

Thanks for your input. Would you be fine for a conversation over Playfab usage?

0 Likes 0 ·
bulent1907 avatar image
bulent1907 answered

Dear Ivan Chai. Many thanks for your response. output of PlayFabError.GenerateErrorReport() is this:

/Client/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID: Cannot resolve destination host
thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

The cause of the problem seems to be network permissions. "Cannot resolve destination" is going to have to do with your network connection - an ISP issue, an overzealous firewall, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.