question

GraySeedGames avatar image
GraySeedGames asked

How should I pass Playfab's given port to UE4 game server

I don't know how to pass the game server port via command args to my ue4 game server.
I found one way and that is getting game port through GSDK. I do this logic in Game Instance but i don't know what overrides these settings and I don't know how to prevent it. I dig so much into unreal source code but I could not find a clue.

so please if anybody knows how should I do this please help me.

unrealCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is unnecessary to allocate new ports in the server build because the ports are pre-defined. To be clear, PlayFab Multiplayer Server is using Docker to host server instances. The available game ports are defined in the “New Build” page of Game Manager when creating a build. You may need to input all the ports required in Network section of the page.For UE4, you can simply use the default 7777 port.

PlayFab Multiplayer will handle all the port mapping automatically for players to connect, the ports returned from corresponding PlayFab API calls are different from you have defined.

Simply defining the listener for the predefined ports should be fine. The GSDK gets the defined ports from a configuration file, which is exact the same as server build configuration in Game Manager, changing its value won’t affect the VM that hosts this instance.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GraySeedGames avatar image GraySeedGames commented ·

Thanks for response .

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.