question

laurentiumarianivan avatar image
laurentiumarianivan asked

Unknown Invoice on email

Hello.
I've just received a random email from ar@playfab.com which says

`
Dear [My_Name].

Your invoice for 06/01/2021 is available.

Invoice Due Date: 06/17/2021
Balance Due: 71.78 USD
Purchase Order:

Thank you for your business!
`
And there is a PDF invoice attached which doesn't seem to be fake.

But the thing is:
1. The email on which I got the mail isn't the one which I use for my PlayFab account.
2. I checked the few PlayFab titles that I have, only three of them had Multiplayer feature activated, and only one was barely used (I am the only developer and I tried to make a realtime multiplayer a few months back, but I didn't manage to upload my Mirror server and to get the demo to work so I gave up on that for now.).
I checked all the billings and it seems that in the PlayFab dashboard I owe $0.

I attached the part which says about how much I owe, but again, I don't even use the Multiplayer feature of PlayFab.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

playfab-usage.png (22.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Usually, we work with folks for business questions like this via the Contact Us form on PlayFab.com (which goes to the business team), but to answer your questions:

1. Yes, that's our billing team.

2. Invoices are emailed to the email address configured for your account - the one that was entered in the Billing Info screen when you added a payment instrument.

3. Those charges are for use of our game server hosting on that title. Looking at the audit history, you started VMs in Standby mode on April 29th, and then turned that off today.

We provide limited free CPU hours for testing purposes in our multiplayer server hosting service - we detail this in the pricing page, the documentation (with a specific callout for calculating your cost, including accounting for servers you're running in Standby), there's a click-through confirmation page used to activate server hosting (below), and in early March we updated the server build configuration to highlight the expected costs, based on what you enter for the number of servers per VM and the number you want to have running on Standby.

The Billing Summary shows $0 because you haven't yet consumed the free CPU hours for the month - note where it shows around 480 CPU hours have been used, on that row. If you use the drop-down to change to the May summary, you'll see the usage in question (which is what's reflected on the invoice).

If you have additional questions on this, feel free to reach out to me via the Contact Us form, and I can work with you directly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.