question

Jeff Orkin avatar image
Jeff Orkin asked

Account email reported as Invalid, but cannot be changed

I created a user months ago with user ID 2E81DEFF969C4CA5. It is linked to my company email address. In the GameManager dashboard, if I click 'Send Password Reset' I get an error popup saying my email address is invalid. If I unlock it and try to change the email, it still says email address is invalid.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Upon further investigation, this appears to be specific to accounts which use your developer account email address. We'll get that fixed in the service, but for now, you can work around this by not re-using your developer email address in your player accounts.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, it looks like there's a broader issue with password reset. Thanks for bringing this up - I'll get the engineering team looking into this.

10 |1200

Jeff Orkin avatar image
Jeff Orkin answered

glad I could help. :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.