question

Elon avatar image
Elon asked

join any of the existing running servers by checking the players count

Hello, i'm using - A server on PlayFab and it is made by using Unity and mirror - Using a Matchmaking Queue to match 4 vs 4 players Then i have this scenario : >> 8 players matched and started a server instance >> Somone left the game, and now its 3 vs 4 >> A new player started the game, i want the new player to join any of the existing running servers by checking the players count on the server and the "Matchmaking Queue rules", instead of joining a new Matchmaking ticket, How can I achieve this ? Is this service available in Matchmaking or do I need to use cloud script ?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

I recommend that you use backfill tickets to implement it. Server backfill tickets allow a game server to search for additional players which will fit into the game currently being played. When you use CreateServerBackfillTicket to create the ticket and it is matched, playfab don't allocate a new server session for it. So, backfillTicket is related to the existed match. The server backfill ticket will match with the regular matchmaking ticket. And backfill tickets cannot match with each other. For more detailed information about using backfill ticket, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/backfill-tickets.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elon avatar image Elon commented ·

thank you!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.