question

GraySeedGames avatar image
GraySeedGames asked

Connection time out to my unreal server build

I implemented Playfab SDK on my clients and used Playfab multiplayer APIs to match players. when I receive GetMatch result from the Playfab and try to travel to that URL , client's connection time out.

I implemented GSDK on my unreal server and uploaded it. server status is healthy and standing by.
my server type is "process" server.

unrealmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We noticed that in another thread -- LocalVMAgent not working while running container mode for UE4 server build - Playfab Community, you said you did the local debugging for the server build, but the server works fine while using no-container mode and can’t work in the container mode. For the clarification, only when the server build passed the local containerization verification, can it work in the cloud. For your case, you need to solve the problem of containerization before uploading the server. In general, if the server didn’t listen the port specified in the configuration file, the problem you mentioned would happen. To fix the issue, you should ensure that the number of the port you listened is the same as the GamePort.Number. If you use the port name to map the port number, the port name should be the same as the GamePort.Name.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GraySeedGames avatar image GraySeedGames commented ·

Thanks for the reply, yes I think I didn't config my game server to listen on Playfab's given port. I will fix that and update this thread. i hope it work.

0 Likes 0 ·
GraySeedGames avatar image GraySeedGames commented ·

I fixed this issue. thanks sarah.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.