question

Baitan Bogdan avatar image
Baitan Bogdan asked

Curl error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands identity content encodings.

Hello,

I have the following situation and I don't know how to resolve it (first time using PlayFab).

I upgraded from Unity 2019 LTS to Unity 2020.3.11f1 LTS because I needed to use some features I did not have access to in the previous version.

I did:

- I upgraded my project

- I went to Window - PlayFab - Editor Extensions

- I log in again and I got a message to upgrade PlayFab so I did, after this the window PlayFabEdEx closed and the option to open it again disappeared, I could not find Playfab in the Unity window bar

- I deleted Playfab from my project by deleting all the folders and added them again from

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unity3d/ ( I added

Unity Editor Extensions for PlayFab SDK and Unity PlayFab SDK )

- I went to Window - PlayFab - Editor Extensions and log in again, installed SDK and set my title

- so my current configuration is Unity 2020.3.11f1 with PlayFab SDK 2.109.210521

The situation is when I press play in the editor to check is every thing works I get the error message: "

Curl error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands identity content encodings."

I didn't not had this situation in Unity 2019, everything worked fine, I've seen another question with this error and the answer was to use the version of Unity that I have now, he was using the 2021 version.

Thank you

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

I have tried to use the same unity version, but I did not reproduce the problem and everything is ok. In your case, you can refer to that 2021 version unity thread for more detailed infomation.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tuomas Karmakallio avatar image Tuomas Karmakallio commented ·

This worked for me : "If you don't want to downgrade Unity but are ok with uncompressed data, you can try unchecking "Compress API data" in your PlayFabSharedSettings file"

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.