question

jaivig180 avatar image
jaivig180 asked

I am getting a PARTY_STATE_CHANGE_RESULT_USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED error along with NETWORK_LIMIT_REACHED error.

I am trying to use playfab to make a synced environment where I show 2 people in a room moving/shooting by sending position data in buffer on each update . I know I am better off using photon for the sync part but I am trying out playfab for the gameplay feature and I think "SendDataMessageToAllPlayers" should be enough to simulate other player's movement into my own scene at realtime with some lag but thats fine for now.

However, I am getting an error while trying to join a network which already exists. I made a network using " PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().CreateAndJoinNetwork(); PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().OnNetworkJoined += OnNetworkJoined;" and then copied and pasted this key into another instance running on same pc. I am calling " PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().JoinNetwork(s); PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().OnNetworkJoined += OnNetworkJoined;" in the second instance. This is when I get the error for network limit and not authorized user.

the scripts I am using : https://pastebin.com/K3DJus08 https://pastebin.com/aFbWCjAD

On the 2nd instance however, I am able to make a new network ( thus having 2 individual networks on 2 instances which is not desirable since i want both of them in the same room)

1. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I did enable the "Party" feature in the Multiplayer dashboard from playfab site. I havent linked up my credit card in the server section, So is that a priority to do to access party features?

2. is playFab party developed enough so that I can use it for synced games like the usecase I mentioned in my first para? Is it recommended to use for asynced game such as turn based scenario?
(I am not looking for other playfab features like voice chat or leaderboard for this test project, just the gameplay multiplayer)

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

>> Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

The credit card is not required. I have used part of your 2nd instance and tested on my title with no credit card added, but I cannot reproduce the error you describe. From the code you provide, I cannot tell how the JoinRoom function is triggered. Have you followed this document Quickstart: PlayFab Party Unity Plugin to set up the Party?

>> is playFab party developed enough so that I can use it for synced games like the usecase I mentioned in my first para? Is it recommended to use for asynced game such as turn based scenario?

The PlayFab Party is designed for low-latency chat and data communication solution for cross-platform and cross-device multiplayer games. It may not be suitable for transmitting the game data for some multiplayer games. Because sometimes it would be better to have the multiplayer server be the authority for solving network issues, cheating and so on, but there is no such feature in Party that allows you to customizing the server in the way that you would normally do to build a multiplayer server.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jaivig180 avatar image jaivig180 commented ·

Thanks for the reply, I figured out how to fix the error.

I had to set random customIds for each instance.

Can photon's server be used for multiplayer game logic ? not the party but just the photon. For something like a realtime game

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.